I can do most things that you may want for a website if you ask – and if I don’t know how I’ll soon find out!
- I have all the essential skills for both front-end and back-end design, so whether you want a website that just looks outstanding, or you need a custom application that can analyse your data for you, I can help.
- I will do my very best to make your website exactly what you dreamed of – and I can come up with original designs for you.
- I can create logos and artwork for your site.
- The sites I create are search-engine friendly.
- I can install a content management system such as WordPress so that you can add more pages whenever you want
- I can create a unique WordPress theme for your blog.
- update existing content with html and css
- I design to the latest web standards.
- I take pride in caring for your website after it “goes live”.
- I can help arrange web hosting.
- I can advise you on buying a domain name.
Prices vary according to the job, but a basic website starts at about £100.
How does the design process work?
Here are a few simple tips for working with your web designer from web guru Paul Boag. He has released this list and more under a Creative Commons licence: that means that I am allowed to give anyone a copy, as long as I don’t ask you to pay me for it!
Paul Boag has also developed this neat little online list which can help to organise a first meeting. Have a look to get an idea of the types of things that may come up. There are short explanations for each item.
Kickoff is a web application, and I have downloaded the source code and will be installing it on my own server shortly, so that it’s easier to plan agendas. Once again, this has been released under a Creative Commons licence.